Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terren

Game testing

I''m in the process of testing a game demo, and while it works on a majority of the cards being tested, there are a couple that have popped up that fail when the device is being created, with the error D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE. The specific cards in question are the MOBILITY RADEON 7500 and the GeForce3 Ti500. A couple of questions, then: 1) Currently, in the PRESENT_PARAMETERS type I had PresentationInterval set to D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE, and the swap effect to FLIP - would these likely fail the creation of the device? 2) both these card report as having the D3DDEVCAPS_HWTRANSFORMANDLIGHT bit set in the capabilities field.. from this I assume I can create the device with hardware vertex processing - is this this safe? As in, if that capability bit is set, it essentially means HVP is available? The screen resolution and refresh rate (which defaults at 75) all pass a test meaning the specified resolution, refresh rate and back buffer format are supported. It''s difficult when you don''t have the cards to hand, i''m just trying to get an idea about what I should be looking to fix! Can anyone help? Cheers in advacnce..