MinGW and Freetype2

Started by
2 comments, last by dathui 19 years, 11 months ago
im trying to make agar, http://agar.csoft.org/, work and for that i need, MinGW, SDL and Freetype2. ive got SDL and MinGW working together...but Freetype2 wont. Anybody else using MinGW and Freetype2? what path should i give the freetype2-installer if my mingw-path is "c:\mingw"?
reality is only an option
Advertisement
It does work, since I''ve used it for a while now. However, I am using Dev-Cpp (which uses MinGW) and not the standalone compiler.

I''m pretty sure I just used the zip file (not the installer) and copied the headers to Dev-Cpp/include/freetype, the libs to Dev-Cpp/lib, and the dll to windows/system32. Just replace Dev-Cpp with mingw and pick a drive, and it should work. I do remember it being a pain to install.
indeed it is a pain to install, if you are using version 214, you will need to get a .mk file from the CVS because the one in the distribution is broken, then you have to compile it with MSYS, go into the unix directory which contains the configure script and run

libtoolize --force
./configure --prefix=/MinGW
make
make install

I remember having nightmares and all so it may not work the first time, but at least I have given you a start, I was never able to build it as a dll, and I am glad we are using SDL_ttf on aedGUI now.

Aeon Games
quote:Original post by Kwizatz
indeed it is a pain to install, if you are using version 214, you will need to get a .mk file from the CVS because the one in the distribution is broken, then you have to compile it with MSYS, go into the unix directory which contains the configure script and run

libtoolize --force
./configure --prefix=/MinGW
make
make install

I remember having nightmares and all so it may not work the first time, but at least I have given you a start, I was never able to build it as a dll, and I am glad we are using SDL_ttf on aedGUI now.

Aeon Games

you wouldnt happen to have any screenshots of aedgui? getting quite pissed at mingw,msys and freetype...thou the agar-lib is cool it isnt worth al this hassle...
EDIT:
found screens, nevermind

[edited by - dathui on May 19, 2004 7:36:35 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement