Newbie problem with libraries

Started by
7 comments, last by Sokoll 19 years, 11 months ago
Hi Sory for stupid question but it is important for me. Here are libraries which I include to my project dinput.lib dinput8.lib d3dx9.lib d3d9.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib And here goes compiler error. d3dfile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXLoadMeshFromX@28 d3dXModel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXLoadMeshFromX@28 d3dfile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXLoadMeshFromXof@28 d3dfile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TID_D3DRMFrame d3dfile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TID_D3DRMFrameTransformMatrix d3dfile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TID_D3DRMMesh d3dfile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DirectXFileCreate@4 d3dutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXAssembleShaderFromFileA@20 dxutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__timeGetTime@0 GameApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GUID_SysKeyboard GameApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectInput8A GameApp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Direct3DCreate8@4 dinput.lib(dilib2.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GUID_Key LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/kupa.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 13 unresolved externals And I really don''t know what is wrong Maybe the problem is that I include d3dx9 lib, because this project(not mine) was made in Directx 8??
Advertisement
What about the path to search for your libraries. Does it include the DirectX lib path?

[ CodeDread ]
Yes I include it
it is: D:\DXSDK\LIB

And DXlibraries are on first position in Tab Directiores where I give path to libraries.
Looks like you may be mixing DirectX versions e.g. Direct3DCreate8 not 9? timeGetTime requires linking with winmm.lib. Your last warning is worrying : unresolved external _main - it seems to suggest you have a project set up as a console project (or something akin) when it should be a Windows project.,
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info
Creating something as a console project is not bad. You add perhaps one line of code compared to WinMain (you need the instance handle) and gain a much better way to debug your code (because you can simply output debug messages onto the console).
Add: dxguid.lib

And:
#define INITGUID#include <initguid.h>  

Might help, might not.

--
You're Welcome,
Rick Wong
- Google | Google for GameDev.net

[edited by - Pipo DeClown on May 18, 2004 3:50:00 PM]
BitMaster: I did not say it was bad to create a console app just that he is probably wanting to create a windows app hence the missing main.
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info
Thank you guys for Your help. When I included dxguid.lib the ammount of erros went down to 9. But I decided to give up this project(it isn''t mine, but I wanted to learn sth from it)

Thanks again for Your time.
quote:Original post by Pipo DeClown
Add: dxguid.lib

And:OR
#define INITGUID#include <initguid.h>   

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement