Converting to Dev-Cpp drives me crazy

Started by
19 comments, last by WildWest 19 years, 11 months ago
Hello everybody! I am trying to convert my directx game engine from M$ VC++6 to Dev-C++. Everything works fine with my engine-dll, it compiled without errors. When i am now trying to write a game using this engine i got linking errors, even though I definitely link to my lib file. The crazy thing is that these linker errors appear only for SOME member functions of my classes. Any ideas? I have been sitting for 5 hours now to solve this problem .... The Wild Wild West - Desperado!
The Wild Wild West - Desperado!
Advertisement
make sure that your .lib is converted to .a (Dev-C++ format)
also i remember when i first did DirectX on Dev-C++ i had to put -fthunks -vtable in the compiler options. do anyone know if you still have to do that?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

the problem is not creating and linking my engine dll (and lib file) with all the directx stuff it it (this problem i solved three hours before ;-)

The problem is now creating the game itself where i have to link to my own engine lib file. (everything worked fine under vc).

What''s the error?
If it can''t find the library, add it to the path under Tools->Options->Directories->Libraries
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
I _definitely_ link to the library!! I know this because when i do not link to it I get about 120 errors, when I link to it I only get 18. ;-)

My error is a [linker error] undefined reference to SomeClass::SomeMemberFuntion.

The problem is why only to a few member function out of a class. E.g. i have an input class with about 20 member function, but the linker error only appears for __1__ member function.

Any ideas?

[edited by - Wildwest on May 20, 2004 3:51:58 PM]
Any ideas?
Please....

Idea #1 - If you get 18 linker errors, post the other 17 errors. Then post the compiler readout.
The other 17 are also linker errors :-(

Post the errors and any relevant code, it''ll be much easier to pinpoint your problem if you do it that way.
OK, this must be a compiler error. I have _exactly_ the same problem: engine library compiles but the compiling the tests gives linker errors. I am definitely linking to my lib (that''s not the problem), but the linker says that my INPUT:: and TIMER:: methods are undefined. Everything else links away just fine. The funny thing is that these classes use exactly the same things as the others (the don''t rely on anything different than the VIDEO:: methods for example, but the latter works when the former don''t).
I''ll try downloading the CVS version to see if it works. I''ll post here sometime later my results.

PS: (WildWest) If you can get it to work, please post here!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement