Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZinkForb

[java] multiple animations in game loop

im working on a 2D MMO and I have some of the NPC''s doing stuff instead of just sitting there and for that im using strip animations which is all fine and dandy except that i want a certian stall time between the strips frames so that a really fast comp wont see it going super fast but if i do that it slows the game loop and the rest of the animations so what can i do??? also i started making it as a application and i realized if u dont have the sdk u cant run it ... or can u? if so plz lemme know how else lemme know how i can make it an applet

from the nature of your questions i would suggest picking up a book on generic java.

thank you... but... i did and it was AWEFUL! thats why im always posting here. so if any one out there can help me plz respond i REALLY need some help at least with the animations i mean u cant make a MMO without animation! PLZ HELP
thanks to all who post (unless u tell me to buy another $60 book on a lang i already know to get 2 "?''s" awnsered)

On a message board such as this, it may be in your best interest to use proper grammer and spelling, so that the abundance of professional programmers that frequent this board will actually take the small amount of time that it takes to read such a properly written post. Kthnxbye

quote:
Original post by ZinkForb
im working on a 2D MMO and I have some of the NPC''s doing stuff instead of just sitting there and for that im using strip animations which is all fine and dandy except that i want a certian stall time between the strips frames so that a really fast comp wont see it going super fast but if i do that it slows the game loop and the rest of the animations so what can i do???
There are many, many threads on this site as well as others on time-based movement; that''s what you need.

quote:
also i started making it as a application and i realized if u dont have the sdk u cant run it ...
or can u?
Yes, you can. The end user simply needs to have the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed, not the JDK. Applets are easier to run, of course, but also less capable than full-blown applications.