Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foolboy

Could I contact with one of game programmers though e-mail?

I am a senior from Lower East Side Preparatory High School in Manhattan. I am doing a research on "How can I become a game programmer?" A primary source is very important to this research, so I have to contact with a person who is currently working as a game programmer. Could you be so nice to offer me a chance to talk to a game programmer though e-mail? It will just take you less than 20 minutes to answer my survey questions. Thank you. My e-mail address is foolboyalex@hotmail.com Alex

Search online for a game studio in New York or the surrounding area (Jersey might have some studios). Search their website for some contact information, shoot of an e-mail to the most appropriate person explaining your situation. Don''t write one to the programmer directly, because they don''t want to receive random e-mails from people they don''t know. Try the general manager or human resources person, they know how to better manage your mail.

Worst case, just write one to any studio you can think of, near or far. People are always willing to talk about what they do

quote:
Original post by Zipster
Search online for a game studio in New York or the surrounding area (Jersey might have some studios). Search their website for some contact information, shoot of an e-mail to the most appropriate person explaining your situation. Don''t write one to the programmer directly, because they don''t want to receive random e-mails from people they don''t know. Try the general manager or human resources person, they know how to better manage your mail.

Worst case, just write one to any studio you can think of, near or far. People are always willing to talk about what they do

Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried your method. I wish that it will work. Thank you again.