Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GT70sgt

capture the flag 2d borland c++ builder

Does anyone have any ideas on how to help me with AI for my capture the falag game made with the vcl in borland c++ builder. I could just go off and do it, but I want to see if anyone has a better idea on how to do this, because I have never made an actual AI before that is not random and that has many different difficulty levels...can someone help me out...the game is 2d, not 3d and someone who has made games with the borland vcl should know that its not the greatest, but hey, could ya let me know how to mkae ai in borland c++ builder....im a beginner at ai, so I kinda need some help.. I posted this in the ai section but it didnt get anything back, so im posting it here...thanks... C++ Programmer AIM - GT70sgt Lead Guitar in Distorted Play

the AI forum is a lot less active than here (although the content is of higher quality IMO), so give it a bit of time and you should get good results.

i am making several assumptions here, such as there are two teams with multiple "players" on each team, and they must get the enemy flag and bring it to their flag room while they have their own flag as well to score, and they can all shoot each other.

you could set up a state machine for each player, which tells them what to do. the states would be things like "defend the flag room", "defend the flag-carrier", "return flag to base", "kill the guy stealing the flag", "steal the flag", "run the flag back home", etc. each player will be in one of the states, and depending on the situation they can change to another state (for example, if they are in the "defend the flag room" state and the other team steals the flag, they would change to the "kill the guy stealing the flag", and once that guy was killed they would change to the "return flag to base" state).

that''s the general idea anyway.

Another question is for the "defend the flag states" is the AI going to know the map. It would probably be a good idea to set up certain guys at choke points for defense. For example on each map have 8 choke points (4 for each side). Make it one of the AI''s objectives to hold those choke points. This makes defense eaiser and a staging point for attacks.

Just my two cents worth

Because it is about as user friendly as most bras (you know the ones that are like impossible to unhook) and as accesible as Kants Critique Of Pure Reason or Nitzsche''s Thus Spake Zarathusthra, it is an unexhaustable source for frustration and should be treated by the aspiring programmer as lethal poision. If the WIN32 API or its designers were to date my daughter, I would demand a chaperone.

(Thank you Moogle