Choosing an appropriate SDK

Started by
0 comments, last by Berty 19 years, 11 months ago
Hi, I am trying to produce a game similar to Ikaruga (over head veretically scrolling shoot em up) but with everything rendered in full 3d. I have been looking through alot of GNU and other similar SDK's like NeoEngine, SDL, Irrlicht to name a few. The components of my game are thus.... Partcile Engine for Explosions Music Player (non-adaptive) Sprite Handling Fog Bakground scroll engine that can import a variety of 3d formats, ie 3ds and .x etc as well as take care of rendering and lighting Foreground Engine that handles importing 3ds .x file etc and rendering lighting etc Collision Detection Oh yeah, and support for lots of Alpha Blending... It is also worht mentioning that i want to be able to control the camera angle at certain times, (thye player has no control over the camera) I was wondering if anybody could suggest any more engine that may be more specific to Shmups. Cheers [edited by - berty on May 18, 2004 10:04:23 PM]
curiousity leads to ambition and ambition to war...
Advertisement
To be honest dude i''d look at using directx. depends on your programming level, but DX9 and visual basic are pretty fast. It''d let you do anything else later on too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement