Preventing Seams in CubeMapRenders

Started by
4 comments, last by Xero-X2 19 years, 11 months ago
hello, I have implimented a sky render-er, and I made it so I can capture it into a cubemap, and in doing so I get seams because the projections dont match up perfectly. Im using 90 fov like I should be but the 3d sky objects dont matchs up when re-rendered using the cubemap on a skydome. Any ideas on how to prevent these aweful seams? Addition: It mainly happens where the Images meet in the corners. Heres a screenshot of it, its not that visible in this particular shot, but I hope you can see it. "I seek knowledge and to help those who also seek it" [edited by - Xero-X2 on May 18, 2004 11:16:48 PM]
"I seek knowledge and to help those who also seek it"
Advertisement
Enable texture clamping when you load the textures for the skybox.
Like so...

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);

Basically, texture clamping prevents blending with the other side of the texture like what you''d want with repeating / tileable textures.

I think you can disable it by using GL_REPEAT in place of GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE, but you may wanna check on that one.
------------------------------yage3d.net—a free 3D game engine written in D.listpod.net—a community powered web 2.0 site of lists.
Already tried that, the rendered images them selves dont match, I need help with that, Im rendering the skybox images while in the game. using 90 degree rotations, and 90 fov for every box side.

and the aspect ratio is 1?
f@dzhttp://festini.device-zero.de
Yes, the aspect ratio is 1.

[edited by - Xero-X2 on May 19, 2004 4:35:24 PM]
You have to slightly adjust the FOV to make the edges of the texture exactly match the other one. It''ll be a bit higher than 90 degrees. This is because the *middle* of the edge pixel has to be at a 45 degree angle... the correct FOV is something like 2*atan(Texwidth/(Texwidth-1)) Even this won''t be quite perfect but it may be smoother.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement