Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C++ parser to XML

This topic is 4959 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, Is there any parsers which parses a C++ header and make a XML or equivalent files for level editing and ability editing? This would be cool if this can be done~ Thx in advance

Not that I know of. I suppose you could write one but that could get difficult depending on how much C++ syntax you use in the header file.

Why not go the other way around and have your application parse XML data files? You can use the Xerces-C++ library. It's fairly straightforward.

[edited by - igni ferroque on May 19, 2004 12:56:03 PM]

Id actually be interested in writing my own XML parser... are there any resources that present XML''s template theories and such in a straightforward format?

I''ve written software to do the reverse, although it also generates CPP files with operators and some other code completed. Reverse engineering is something I was just too lazy to do, but if you do, I suggest PHP as it has built in support for everything you would need and you can develop quickly with it (this isn''t time critical during execution).

if you want inspiration for your parser check out TinyXML, it only has the most needed parts of XML: the actual parsing and creation of XML files.

}-- Programmer/Gamer/Dreamer --{
I didn''t choose to code, coding choose me.