SDL

Started by
5 comments, last by CProgrammer 19 years, 11 months ago
I was just wondering. How standard is SDL? Is it used commercially for cross-platform games or would any commercial company never use SDL because they''ll just create base classes for all platforms specifically? -CProgrammer
Advertisement
Well, SDL was used for the Linux port of Civilization: Call to Power, not sure about any other commercial games. But I think that the quality of some of the amature devlopment projects speaks louder than its commercial success at the moment.

www.libsdl.org
As I remember, Unreal Tournament 2004 uses SDL to provide Linux support. Is that commercial enough for ya
Chronic Logic''s games, Triptych and Pontifex II used SDL. They were (or are?) available for Windows and Linux (dunno about Mac, possibly)

These are definitely commercial games as I bought them

Mark
well.. i use it. even for my webserver.. just don''t rant that it currently only prints hello world, it''s just a small replacement for the real one wich needs some rewriting due a bug :D

If that''s not the help you''re after then you''re going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

davepermen.net
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Wow, thats more commercial games then I expected. Thanks guys.
-CProgrammer
The Neverwinter Nights linux client uses it too

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement