problem with XFile material and Slow simulation

Started by
2 comments, last by farhanx 19 years, 11 months ago
hey there! I am facing a new problem of material ,when i render Xfile model which contained colourful material as well. It changes my whole background skybox with that material. how can i set material "none or NULL" for skybox? Second problem is, after loading Xfile and rendering it i am having so slow speed and it takes too much time to move camera from one place to other, how can i handle this situation Any ideas? Thanks in advance Regards
Things has been changed but the just the way it is....
Advertisement
DX C++ documentation: Tutorial 4 -> step 2:

D3DMATERIAL8 mtrl;ZeroMemory( &mtrl, sizeof(D3DMATERIAL8) );mtrl.Diffuse.r = mtrl.Ambient.r = 1.0f;mtrl.Diffuse.g = mtrl.Ambient.g = 1.0f;mtrl.Diffuse.b = mtrl.Ambient.b = 0.0f;mtrl.Diffuse.a = mtrl.Ambient.a = 1.0f;g_pd3dDevice->SetMaterial( &mtrl );
quote:Original post by farhanx
hey there!
I am facing a new problem of material ,when i render Xfile model which contained colourful material as well. It changes my whole background skybox with that material.
how can i set material "none or NULL" for skybox?

m_pd3dDevice->SetMaterial(NULL);
quote:
Second problem is, after loading Xfile and rendering it i am having so slow speed and it takes too much time to move camera from one place to other, how can i handle this situation Any ideas?

There could be many reasons for this. Perhaps your model is extremely large? Is your graphics card old? Are you loading your model into video or system memory?

neneboricua
thanks for replies guys

m_pd3dDevice->SetMaterial(NULL); doesnt works and it immediately shutdown the programe . Instead of this i have used material and diffuse and change the a,r,g,b as 1.0f . so now its working, but still slow.

yes the model is a complex tree and its maybe form 0.0f to 150.0f times tall... yes i am loading it into D3DXMESH_SYSTEMMEM.
i changed it to D3DXMESH_MANAGED but still didnt work ,Shall i change it????

my Vedio card is Nividia Aladdin TNT2, and its not so old i guess but large terrain doesnt works and make my application so much slow that i even cant see any real graphics...

one more thing , i am not using any FPS .. is it necessary for speed???

Thanks again...
Things has been changed but the just the way it is....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement