Why doesn't it work?!

Started by
9 comments, last by vNistelrooy 19 years, 11 months ago
Why does this return NULL: (PFNGLGETOBJECTPARAMETERFVARBPROC) wglGetProcAddress("glGetObjectParameterfvARB") ??? I have the latest ATi drivers installed and I''ve a Radeon9600pro. "C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Advertisement
First determine if the feature is available through glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS).
And if it still returns 0, make sure the rendering context is active.
you dont happen to have upgraded your drivers recently? i remember problems with some extension loading libs and a lot of wasted time til i realized desktop is set to 16bit and without even getting the right pixelformat its no surprise if nothing else is working.
f@dzhttp://festini.device-zero.de
The extensions are supported of course, I''m getting the right pixel format and the rendering context is active.
Should wglGetProcAddress("glGetObjectParameterfvARB") return a valid pointer? Is the string ok?

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
I''M GOING TO.... I DON''T KNOW WHAT I''M GOING TO DO!!! SOMEONE, SOMETHING IS GOING TO DIE A HORRIBLE SLOW DEATH!!! I HAVEN''T DONE SUCH A STUPID MISTAKE FOR GOD DAMMIT 3 YEARS AT LEAST!!! JUST LOOK AT THIS:
if ((glGetObjectParameterfvARB = (PFNGLGETOBJECTPARAMETERFVARBPROC) wglGetProcAddress("glGetObjectParameterfvARB"))==NULL); 		return false; 

SEE IT? GOOD, BECAUSE I DIDN''T SEE IT FOR 1 F^$KING HOUR!!!

Ahh, now it is better.

glGetObjectParameterfvARB = (PFNGLGETOBJECTPARAMETERFVARBPROC) wglGetProcAddress("glGetObjectParameterfvARB");if (glGetObjectParameterfvARB==NULL); 		return false; 

You could have caught the error in a few seconds with a debugger if you hadn''t been doing several things in a single line.
quote:Original post by Brother Bob
glGetObjectParameterfvARB = (PFNGLGETOBJECTPARAMETERFVARBPROC) wglGetProcAddress("glGetObjectParameterfvARB");if (glGetObjectParameterfvARB==NULL); 		return false;  

You could have caught the error in a few seconds with a debugger if you hadn''t been doing several things in a single line.

Ah well, I guess you are right.. But that doesn''t mean I won''t do several things in a line!!

teehee, 3 years and you make a mistake like that?

I apologise, but take your time to try and not fit so much in one line.

Stay Clausal,

Red Sodium
"Learn as though you would never be able to master it,
hold it as though you would be in fear of losing it" - Confucius
quote:Original post by red_sodium
teehee, 3 years and you make a mistake like that?

I apologise, but take your time to try and not fit so much in one line.

Stay Clausal,

Red Sodium

Hey, I have been programming in C++ for more than 3 years, it just I copy pasted all those declarations and used replace to modify all that code to fit. That GLSL has around 20+ functions..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement