Anyone Know Whats Going On Here??

Started by
3 comments, last by aaroncox1234 19 years, 11 months ago
hey all. im using a directx texture to draw a bitmap to the screen and im then calling DrawPrimitive(D3DPT_LINELIST, 0, 1) to draw some lines over the bitmap. when the bitmap''s not there, my lines are fine, but when it is there, my lines change color to a dull brown. ive tried various colors and they all go brown when the bitmap''s drawn (i draw the bitmap first, of course). thanks for any help
-------------------------------See my tutorial site: Click here
Advertisement
I''m not sure what the problem is, but just out of curiosity, is the bitmap border brown? I mean, the outmost part of the bitmap?
So you'll create an MMORPG, uh? Well, what about reading THIS?
Do you make sure to turn off the texture when you draw the lines? Use SetStageState() to set the card to use only diffuse vertex settings, and not texture colors. And it''d probably be good to call SetTexture() with a NULL texture pointer. If you don''t do these two things (or at least one of them, I suppose), then it will draw the line using the texture as the coloring, or at least some of the coloring, depending on how you set up your stage states.
"We should have a great fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are, the signs of our ideas only, and not for things themselves." - John Locke
the border is brown, yes.
currently trying agony''s suggestion...
call SetTexture() fixed the problem. thanks a lot Agony

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement