Pixel fonts?

Started by
6 comments, last by Death Hunter 19 years, 10 months ago
Hi! Does anyone know where I could find some small pixel fonts(like 8x8 or 8x16)? They should be in the bitmap format and this small because I need to use them on a machine that has resolution of 424x334(!). I would prefer free fonts... Thanks. ----------------------------------------------------- It''s better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven. ----------------------------------------------------- -Ivan
-----------------------------------------------------It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.------------------------------------------------------Ivan
Advertisement
Here''s a lot of them.

-UltimaX-
|Designing A Screen Shot System|

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"
Yes, I''ve searched the google The thing is I can''t find any of them put in a bitmap(like .bmp, .tga ). They''re all in .ttf or similar font format, and I''m having trouble rendering them.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------
It''s better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.
-Ivan
-----------------------------------------------------It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.------------------------------------------------------Ivan
Have you tried the Bitmap Font Builder by Thom Wetzel?
You can find it here, I think it''s what you''re looking for.

-UltimaX-

BTW, try it with these settings:

Font Smoothing
Enabled

Texture Size
256x256

Font 1
Face = System
Size = 8

Font 2
Face = Terminal
Size = 8

Then just leave everything else the same. The result seem to be what you''re talking about.

-UltimaX-

Here's mine if you want it:

<table bgcolor=white>
<tr><td></td></tr>
<tr><td></td></tr>
</table>

- Pete

[edited by - Pete_ on May 24, 2004 4:25:28 PM]
Thanks, everyone!
Though, I''ve found a thing called ''Bitmap font writer'' which comes with a few fonts that are not only small, but also good looking. And I''ve found a web page with some fonts ripped from NES games...

It''s better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven.
-Ivan
http://www.miniml.com

-Nick "digisoap" Robalik
Web & Print Design, 2D & 3D Illustration and Animation, Game Design
http://www.digital-soapbox.com
nick@digital-soabox.com
-Nick "digisoap" RobalikWeb & Print Design, 2D & 3D Illustration and Animation, Game Designhttp://www.digital-soapbox.com[email=nick@digital-soapbox.com]nick@digital-soabox.com[/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement