Please test my Multiplayer Game

Started by
31 comments, last by NatasDM 19 years, 10 months ago
MULTIPLAYER & POCKETPC - Same Executable. The PocketPC binary will execuate on a windows machine with the .NET Framework installed or a PocketPC with the .NET CF. It will allow you to connect over the internet or over a LAN to another person running the same executable. Play 'Pocket against Pocket' , 'Pocket against PC' , or 'PC against PC' !! Note: Comments are Appreciated! Specs of your machine are appreciated. Multiplayer Version

Multiplayer

In order to get Multiplayer working, you must follows these steps:

1. Execute the binary on both machines and hit no to the Single player dialog.
  2. Note the IP Address of the host and relay this to the other player. Start the host connection for your LAN or over the Internet.
    • If the 'Net' and 'LAN' IP addresses are the same, this client cannot host a game over the internet, but it can join a game hosted on the internet.
    • If You are hosting over the internet, check the 'Net' readio button and press host.
    • If Both machines are on a Local Area Network (LAN) either machine may host.
  3. After the Host is running, have the Client type in the IP Address into the box and press the Join button.
    • Even if you are behind a firewall, you should be able to connect to a Host over the internet that is not behind a firewall.
    • If both machines are behind a firewall, a connection cannot be made.
    • If Both machines are behind the Same Firewall, connect using the LAN.
  4. Once the connection has been made, the Host will generate a board and send it to the joining player.
  5. The Host is the first player, who is in the bottom Left hand corner on both machines. The Host takes the first turn. The joining client's buttons are disabled until it is their turn
  6. The Client is the second player and their tiles are in the upper right hand corner
  7. After the game is finsihed, it tells you who won and asks you if you want to play again. Choose yes if you want to play again.
  8. If you are connected to a machine, then it will ask you if you would like to use the same connection to play another game.

[edited by - natasdm on June 1, 2004 8:25:15 AM]
Advertisement
The game worked perfectly for me (Windows XP SP1)

Pretty fun!

Thanks Salsa!Colin Jeanne | Invader''s Realm
"I forgot I had the Scroll Lock key until a few weeks ago when some asshole program used it. It even used it right" - Conner McCloud
quote:Original post by Invader X
The game worked perfectly for me (Windows XP SP1)

Pretty fun!

Thanks Salsa!Colin Jeanne | Invader''s Realm
"I forgot I had the Scroll Lock key until a few weeks ago when some asshole program used it. It even used it right" - Conner McCloud

Thanks, I plan on AI which will make it go extremely fast as a single player game.

Right now It''s pretty fast as a tablet game with the pen. I''m planning on releasing a pocket version soon.
Works great with me! Windows 2000 and Pentium 3. Good fun game!
I''d love to test it but I use a MAC. Is your code portable? If it is, please do so. (or post it/e-mail it to me so I can do it)

--------------------------------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we could just get the source code.
--------------------------------------------------------Life would be so much easier if we could just get the source code.
It''s working perfectly for me.
Laptop
System: WinXP SP1
CPU:VIA Nehemiah 1Ghz
RAM:192Mhz
"...and we all know what "undefined" means: it means it works during development, it works during testing, and it blows up in your most important customers' faces."----------Scott Meyers, "Effective C++"
Great news!

I have the AI inplace and complete. Man is it a bugger to play against! But it''s fun.

The computers are down currently, but I''ll post it shortly.

Have fun!
quote:Original post by NatasDM
Supossively (according to MSDN), One of the Windows API functions I use has a memory leak for Windows 98, 95 machines. I definately need testers for this.

Would that function be TransparentBlt?
If so you can easily get around it by using a monochrome mask and two blits.

shmoove
quote:Original post by shmoove
quote:Original post by NatasDM
Supossively (according to MSDN), One of the Windows API functions I use has a memory leak for Windows 98, 95 machines. I definately need testers for this.

Would that function be TransparentBlt?
If so you can easily get around it by using a monochrome mask and two blits.

shmoove

I tried the example posted on MSDN. I couldn''t get the MASKING to work out right. What I need is a way to premask the bitmaps and keep them in memory because I don''t feel like masking them everytime I Paint() (I''m a speed freak).

I *just* uploaded the final version, cheers.
very good game.
definitely a lunch killer.

Win 2000
256 MB RAM

600 MHz P3

and i beat easy, medium, and hard!
very fun though

[edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on May 20, 2004 10:34:38 AM]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement