Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird FullScreen vs Windowed Issue

This topic is 4958 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im drawing a grid on the screen and when the user clicks on a line on the grid it turns yellow (im doing this for the sake of collision detection if you''ll believe it). when i run the program in windowed mode, everything works fine. however, as soon as i turn to full screen, or i resize the window, strange things start happening. when i click, lines on the grid will turn yellow, but never the ones i clicked on. im using directx for graphics and directinput for input. any ideas? thanks for the help

im using direct3D. i think ive found the problem though im not sure how to fix it. when the user clicks somewhere, i use integer division, dividing by the space between each tile, to make sure im drawing to the right tile. when the window is resized however, the screen gets sctretched or squished so my 32 pixel tiles get squished yet the program still thinks they''re 32 pixels. does windows resize the application in the process of opening a fullscreen window? anyway to make it not stretch/squish?