Why my FX5200 does not support any OpenGL extensions?

Started by
9 comments, last by genjuro_lyb 19 years, 11 months ago
serveral days ago, I use Win2000 and default FX5200 driver , and download nVidia cg tutorial examples, most of them run seem ok, just servial[C9_toonshading] fail. so i wanna each of them works, downloaded a new nVidia display driver, after installation, i found each tutorial failed for that: "Sorry, you won''t be able to view any effect because you hardware does not supoort the following extensions: GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc " Thank you all view this topic. Any answer would be appreciated.
thank father mother and my friends.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by genjuro_lyb
serveral days ago, I use Win2000 and default FX5200 driver

as in the driver that comes with windows?

that is a default driver that is stripped down to work with all cards, get the real drivers.

Sharp Basic - Coming summer 2004!
I know for a fact that that card on WinXP using NVIDIA detonator drivers supports many extensions.

Most likely the "default" windows certified labs driver is your problem - but there might also be a few small issues due to being on Windows 2000 (I don''t think there are any openGL extensions that wouldn''t be supported there, but just thought you might like to know that the hardware acceleration under Windows 2000 is more limited than under Windows XP - due to more ridgid rules in the driver HAL/HEL model)
Reinstall latest nVidia drivers. Uninstall any previous display driver before installing the new one.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
format

edit: then get the latest drivers from www.guru3d.com

[edited by - Luke Philpot on May 21, 2004 5:15:49 AM]
quote:Original post by Luke Philpot
format

edit: then get the latest drivers from www.guru3d.com

Don''t format! Just go to <a href="http://www.nvidia.com">nVidia</a> and download newest detornator drivers.

quote:Original post by CPPMaster Poppet
Reinstall latest nVidia drivers. Uninstall any previous display driver before installing the new one.

CPPMaster Poppet is correct, but just to be on the safe side...

1.Boot your computer into safe mode.
2.Open up controlpanel->sysntem->device manager.
3.Remove ALL display adapters
4.Open up the Add/remove software.
5.See if you have anything in there that may be a driver. (I had this problem once...woked fine after i removed it..)
6.Reboot the comp. again and start normaly.
7.Now Win should detect you have a new GFX device, and you can intall that followed by the newest detonator.

[edited by - Android_s on May 21, 2004 6:43:05 AM]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Ask not what humanity can do for you, ask what you can do for humanity." - By: Richard D. Colbert Jr.
I upgrade my OS to XP professional,
reinstall a lastest nVidia FX5200 driver,

but all them still do not work.

But thank you all that help me.
thank father mother and my friends.
I''m having the same problem, XP Pro + SP1 + official 56.72 drivers + DirectX Retail (+Debug) 9.0b ...

Any solutions for this ??
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
I''m having the same problem, XP Pro + SP1 + official 56.72 drivers + DirectX Retail (+Debug) 9.0b ...

Any solutions for this ??

Sorry, I''ve no ideas. Just curious why you included your version of DirectX...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement