• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yann L

Sign of life :)

This topic is 5461 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey lounge, I just thought I''d drop in and say hello, I''m still alive Hmm, many new names here, I hope someone remembers me... So, how''s the good old GDNet doing without me ? Let''s see: Mr. Richard Fine took over two forums, that greedy bastard. Comrade Michalson has finally managed to infiltrate the staff, and is probably already plotting an evil plan to take over both the real world and the place that doesn''t exist. GDNet version 3 is still up and running, but well, DNF isn''t out yet either, is it When logging in, I was really hoping for a huge admin panel, full of new features to mind-control innocent and unsuspecting GDNet users. That would have been relaxing. But what did I see ? We cannot even anally probe them anymore: it''s now called "nearly banned", how boring. Moderators now have a huge title beside their names, probably to boost their already enormous ego. Except me, of course, because I don''t need something like that (*hint*, *hint*) In other words: business as usual, it seems Heh, I hope you guys are all doing well. I came home from a very cool trip on the southern hemisphere a couple of days ago. I had the opportunity to travel with a film team that did a documentary movie about the marine life and geology along the southern Pacific Rim. It was a very interesting and exciting experience, I greatly enjoyed every aspect of it. Their next project is to shoot a documentary about an archeological expedition in Peru, I hope I''ll manage to sneak in again That''s really something I could imagine doing for a while, actually. You learn a lot about foreign countries and cultures, meet a lot of interesting people, you see a lot of really cool places all over the planet (even some normally forbidden to tourists), and there''s some quite nice technology involved as well (among other places, we shot on a research ship that had some really neat experimental sonar imaging equipment, very cool stuff). As a nice side effect, I managed to avoid most of the winter here, and I''m tanned to the extreme, heh So now I''m back in good old Europe, and I''ll stay here for a few weeks. Time to post a little on the graphics forum I guess, and search the net for some cool 3D techniques I might have missed over the past 6 months without my compiler... Ah well, old habits are hard to break / Yann

Advertisement
Glad to hear you're having fun traveling the world and I'll be looking forward to your brief presence in the Graphics Programming and Theory forum. Good to hear from you again.

[edited by - GreenToad on May 19, 2004 9:35:08 PM]

Yay Welcome Back!

quote:
Original post by Yann L
I had the opportunity to travel with a film team that did a documentary movie about the marine life and geology along the southern Pacific Rim.
Is it a documentary movie or your yet-another-visually-impressive graphics engine?

quote:
Ah well, old habits are hard to break
Agreed.

Hey, welcome back to the lounge! You've only missed... a handful of junk posts. The other forums haven't been as bad. We love you.

- CD

Edit: You also seemed to miss about a million "we miss Yann and hope he returns soon since he's actually the messiah" threads. Again, welcome back!

// Brought to you by Code_Dark
| DShaw Encryption [SourceForge]

[edited by - Code_Dark on May 19, 2004 9:39:22 PM]

O_O *rubs eyes*

Can it be?!

Welcome back, God of Graphics Programming! (c'mon, he should get that title )

EDIT: (insert "It's a trap!" image here)

[edited by - Toxic Hippo on May 19, 2004 9:44:36 PM]

Good to hear from you!

quote:
I came home from a very cool trip on the southern hemisphere a couple of days ago

I love traveling too, espscialy trans-continental traveling. I''ve been to Europe a couple of time, mostely England and France. I go to Russia a lot though.

quote:
and is probably already plotting an evil plan to take over both the real world and the place that doesn''t exist.

You''ve missed his doings, and I think I know what that place is :S Don''t talk about it, right.

Welcome back.

Sounds like you had a fun trip... Now that you''ve had your fun, and left us all waiting for some light in our lives - get posting and share some more of your vast knowledge!

Glad to see you doing well.

Jx

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!