DirectX9 , Render Targets

Started by
1 comment, last by Mythar 19 years, 11 months ago
Hi again Not sure if i got this right (looked through the forum about render targets) This is what i do : 1) Create a Texture as a Render target and get the surface : D3DDevice9.CreateTexture(256 , 256, 1, D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET, D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, aTexture, nil); aTexture.GetSurfaceLevel(0, aSurface); 2) Save the old render target, to be restored later : D3DDevice9.GetRenderTarget(0, OTarget); D3DDevice9.GetDepthStencilSurface(ODepthBuffer); 3) Set a new Render Target : D3DDevice9.SetRenderTarget(0, aSurface); 4) Render stuff to new target. (While this steep, ZWRITEENABLE is False) 5) Restore to old target : D3DDevice9.SetRenderTarget(0, OTarget); D3DDevice9.SetDepthStencilSurface(ODepthBuffer); OTarget := nil; ODepthBuffer := nil; I do setup all render stages in 4) and restore them in 5) It all works fine, only one problem : When restoring the old Target, the data on it, is gone ! Rendering is done like this : 1. BeingScene 2. Render the enviorment (Terrain etc.) 3. Now do Render target stuff, see above. 4. Render the resulting textures from 3. 5. EndScene 6. Flip How come the OTarget gets its data deleted ? or can this method not be used ? [edited by - Mythar on May 20, 2004 2:49:30 AM]
Advertisement
I''m just writing ideas, but you might want to try grabbing a reference to the render target when you Get() it (AddRef). The only reference this surface has is by the SetRenderTarget() function and if it gets called with a different target, it will dereference the old target (I think...). Just an idea...

Chris Pergrossi
My Realm | "Good Morning, Dave"
Chris PergrossiMy Realm | "Good Morning, Dave"
Stupid me !

I forgot to restrore the Transformations...

Works fine now

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement