Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slyterence

Running out of memory?

Hi, I''m getting an exception thrown in my program at a certain point, when I try to allocate memory. Originally I wanted to store face data from a model (about 500 face indices). However, the minute I try and allocate the memory, for them it throws an exception. Tracing through the allocation, it seems to arrive at nomemory.cpp (I think, or some file with a similar name). I tried to just allocate a single integer at that point in the code, but that throws an exception too (int *p = new int. Unfortunately, I''m not at home at the moment, I''m at university. However, if anybody''s got some ideas as to how I can fix this problem, could you please post any additional data you''d like to see (like a call stack, for example?). I''ll be home in about 10 hours. I''d be most appreciative if somebody could offer suggestions / solutions. Thanks P.S WinXP. AthlonXP processor. MS Visual Studio .Net 2002. 256 megs RAM. P.P.S I tried changing the heap and stack size properties of my project, but that didn''t seem to help. The 2 heap variables (allocated & reserved?) were both zero. We scratch our eternal itch A twentieth century bitch We are grateful for Our Iron Lung

You''re probably not running out of memory, but you''ve trampled over memory you don''t own, causing the CRT to scream and be unable to allocate any more blocks. Check that you allocate enough memory for your faces (e.g. you don''t accidently allocate 1 face but write 500 into the space for 1).

HTH, Steve