can someone in the world help me

Started by
5 comments, last by tew25 19 years, 11 months ago
I am EXTREMELY new to game programming. I don''t know what many of the acrynims (sp?) mean like API and other stuff. I only know that I really love games. I have some knowledge of C++...what''s the next step for me? What language should I learn? How do you even make a "sprite" and if you do, how do you link stuff like that with code? AARGHH!! Someone help me and point in the right direction.
Advertisement
What You need is a Starting point i think..
Forget making something for a 3 months at least.
Start to learn C/c++ completely..
i suggest( c complete referance and c++ complete refereance)
and then get tricks of windows game programming gurus and go on..
Essegin Ziki:) bunu bu sitede imza hesabına yazsam kimse anlamaz!!!:)
Not trying to disencourage you but i wouldn't even brother with game programming until you learn't data structures & algorithms after learnt to program in your chosen language very well.

[edited by - snk_kid on May 20, 2004 11:24:28 AM]
A good start.
If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; so a man.
Several links.

You probably want to start at the top and work down.

Game Tutorials(Tons of reletive stuff)

Cpp-Home (lots of example code)

Googled them

Great 2D tutorials

Flip-Code

MSDN

NEHE 3d opengl tutorials

EDIT: Nearly Forgot (gamedev articles)

[edited by - monkey_32606 on May 20, 2004 9:18:09 PM]
Quote:Michael TanczosCut that shit out. You shouldn't be spying on other people.. especially your parents. If your dad wanted to look at horses having sex with transexual eskimo midgets, that's his business and not yours.
You are in for a lot of work.
quote:Original post by Programmer One
You are in for a lot of work.

Yes, you are in for a lot of work. However, don''t let that discourage you from trying. The fruits of my labor (apologies for the cliche) are well worth it. Hopefully, it will be the same for you. Also, note that just because you love games, doesn''t mean to particulally suited for Game Programming. Although I seem discouraging now, I''m just saying it harder than you might think. I read alot of post-mortems, and listened to programmers ramble about their troubles. I didn''t fully understand what they were saying until I actually started programming a game.

Master C++ (or if you prefer another language) before attempting a game. The basics are essential. To learn termonolgy, read as many beginner tutorials as you can. Don''t expect to grasp everything at once. Start making basic games when you have mastered a language. There are many different languages to choose from, but most programmers use C or C++. Good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement