Dialogs in console apps

Started by
1 comment, last by wild_pointer 19 years, 11 months ago
I''m working on a project and we''re using world tool kit which is built on top of glut. As a result, I don''t have much access to windows. Is there any way I can have something like a MessageBox that would let a user specify a file? A simple text box would be fine. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I don''t have much experience with the windows api. [My site|SGI STL|Bjarne FAQ|C++ FAQ Lite|MSDN|Jargon]
Ripped off from various people
[size=2]
Advertisement
Take a look at the dos edit(open a command promt, and type edit), it can all be done with pure ascii.

No, back to reality, you don''t want to do that. Even if you create a console app, it''s really a full windows application. So you could just use the standard file selection dialog, look at GetOpenFileName, in msdn.
Thanks! I know it''s just a windows app, but because of the way our library works i didn''t really have what I needed to make a dialog, which is what I was trying to do before.

That is exactly what I wanted though. I was scanning msdn for something I could use but I guess you can''t blame me for not guessing what GetOpenFileName does.

Thanks again.

[My site|SGI STL|Bjarne FAQ|C++ FAQ Lite|MSDN|Jargon]
Ripped off from various people
[size=2]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement