Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kryptus

Unreal Tournament Engine

Just quick question: Does anyone know if the Unreal Tournament Engine uses classes or function calls? I am just curious... Also, which method is a more effective and universal method of DLL exportion: classes, COM, function calls, etc. which methods work on other OS''s and so forth...

It uses classes, and comes with it''s own compiler. It''s call UCC in your Unreal Tournament directory.

I''ve done some simple modifications to UT2004, and it was pretty easy to do! It''s a very well documented, easy to interface and work with engine.

You'll also need to read up on UnrealEd, since you'll be using that to grab all of the .UC files, which are the class files you'll want to modify in order to change the behavior of the engine. UnrealEd is also a level designer / object designer. I'd recommend not using the built in code editor that comes with it.

UnrealEd should be in your UT2004/system directory.

Since I'm nice, I'm going to give you some links to read through... ;-)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=UnrealEd+Tutorial

If you're looking at doing anything with the Unreal Engine, you'll want to start small by simply mod'ing what's already there, then working your way up.

[edited by - jakem3s90 on May 20, 2004 8:36:45 PM]