• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liquidus

Question for Experienced MD2 modeler

This topic is 5235 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having problems with my textures not working in my program. I have them lined up the way i want them in Milkshape, but when i export the MD2 and load it into my program the texture is off. If i download a MD2 model from the internet however, those skins are lined up just fine. So i know it must have something to do with the way i am assigning the textures, i just can''t figure it out. Thanks, Rob

Advertisement
A little more info. It seems that if i rotate the object in the texture coordinate editor window, the texture rotates in my program. If i scale it, it gets bigger. But it doesn''t line up properly. I just can''t align the texture just right. Does anyone know what this could be. If anyone is willing, could i send you my milkshape file. I would like an experienced modeler to try and just make it into an MD2 file if no one can tell me what my error is.

Thanks,

Rob

Okay, i got it. FOr some reason it only works if the skin is a perfect square. Maybe this is normal, but i thought that as long as it was by dimensions like 128 X 256 or 64 X 128 that it would work. I''m not sure what is up with that but it is working now. Thanks Anyway,

ROb

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!