• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmikesell

Intermittent problem with scene transitions

This topic is 5239 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My application is an animation of a planet using two different "cameras" (using gluLookAt) - one from up close, one from farther away. The cameras orbit the planet. Every 30 seconds I swap cameras. On *some* transitions from one camera to the other, I get a white "flash", probably one or two frames at most. Not every time, though - maybe one in ten transitions. My clear color is black and I'm rendering a starfield background using a skybox. Pseudocode of my main loop follows: LOOP glClear(color buffer, depth buffer) animate both cameras animate world render world glFlush SwapBuffers END LOOP The render routine uses the current camera. Most transitions are smooth, but with others I see the "flash". AFAICT, it's not predictable (like every 10th transition). Anyone seen anything like this before? I can post code or any more info if it will help. [edited by - dmikesell on May 20, 2004 10:16:13 PM]

Advertisement
Yes, I can, but I''ll have to distill it a little. The project is more complex than I alluded to and the psuedocode snippet above is actually dispersed across different classes/files. I was hoping for an "Oh, you''re not doing XYZ" response from someone who had seen something similar.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!