Once and For All. Software. //edit: One last question.

Started by
43 comments, last by Avatar God 19 years, 10 months ago
quote:Original post by Andrew Russell
In any case, your example of it loosing the tracking is a product of a poor setup, either the computer of the software buffer. If that were happening to me, I would correct it by changing the buffering settings or getting better hardware. It could happen it any program.

I regularly use Cakewalk 9 for multitrack audio, and record/play back many tracks at once with no noticeable latency. On the other hand I struggled with Logic for a while on the same PC and couldn''t get it below 400ms of latency just to record a 2nd track, rendering it totally unusable. Maybe Logic works great on better machines, maybe I missed some hidden setting somewhere, maybe it didn''t install properly. Either way, Logic was useless for my audio needs but it works fine for others, apparently! I agree with you that it''s worth keeping an open mind because individual examples (like mine) don''t mean much.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]
Advertisement
its all down to the sound card at the end of the day, im getting about 750 ms delay with my soundblaster audigy (not a problem as its still recorded in time just the monitor is 750 delayed. )

you need to be spending about 400 absolute minimum and that will be a deal to get the same cards that these pros use.
visit my site http://www.fullf1.com for all your formula 1 and music creation needs.
Yeah, I have an Audigy 2 soundcard. By accident, though, I didn''t get the Platinum. Damn me.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
quote:Original post by rholding2001
its all down to the sound card at the end of the day, im getting about 750 ms delay with my soundblaster audigy (not a problem as its still recorded in time just the monitor is 750 delayed. )

you need to be spending about 400 absolute minimum and that will be a deal to get the same cards that these pros use.

Well, what software you use can affect it. Tascam Gigastudio 3, for instance, uses Kernel-level CPU cycles, reducing latency beyond what most software would have.
yeah but for the sake of turning my monitor track down i think ill just do that.

visit my site http://www.fullf1.com for all your formula 1 and music creation needs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement