• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BHostyle

Newbie DirectDraw Problem

This topic is 5241 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering if someone could help me out real quick on two points. I am a C++ programmer that is new to WIndows Programming and DirectX programming. First thing is that I am using the FAILED macro when I am createing my surface and buffers. The problem is that I don''t know of a good way to find out if it is executing or not. I know how to do this in console programming, but not withing windows. I would really like to print to a log. If someone could explain how to do that I would really appreciate it. The other probem I am having is that I am using a for loop to change a block of pixels from black to white. The problem is that I see the pixels change just for less than a second and then they are black again. The loop is not in any other kind of loop so it should just change them to white and then be done with it. Is this the way it is supposed to work or does it sound like I am doing something wrong. Thanks for the help in advance. If you need anymore info just let me know.

Advertisement
It''s easier to read text when it''s seperated into paragraphs

You need to include the dxerr9.lib (replace 9 with your
version) and dxerr9.h files into your project. Then you can
do such things as this:
HRESULT hVal = InitSomething();
if(FAILED(hVal))
ShowErrorString(DXGetErrorString9(hVal));

Hope that helps at least a little.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!