• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike_Lekyr

3D Modellers

This topic is 5294 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everybody, I have a question. I am building a lagre 3D scene and right now I am using 3D Max for creating the models. It''s a great tool, but I don''t like the way in which it exports data. Also I don''t need anything that complicated. Basically I would like to use some kind of tool capable of creating simple models contructed of triangles and that would save the data to a simple easily readable file. Do you know about such modeler, that would be available for download for free? Thank you for help. Like_Mike

Advertisement
perhaps blender or maya personal edition, but then again, you get what you pay for.

---------------------------------
For an overdose of l33tness, flashbang.nu

[edited by - lc_overlord on May 21, 2004 5:03:00 AM]

quote:
Original post by Mike_Lekyr
save the data to a simple easily readable file

Try exportiong to ASE file. Thats juat plain text format -> very easy to read.

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Learn Max Script. It is really not that difficult. You can write your own custom exporter.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!