Jump to content
  • Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crypting

Generate Still Video, Custom Source Filter & VMR9 conflicts

This topic is 5234 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hi, I really need help with this DirectShow topic. I''ve created a custom filter which generates a video stream from an offscreen rendered surface. I did my tests using the default VMR and it worked fine. I mean the same graph with one renderer for each stream works perfectly. Now I''m using VMR9 to mix several streams. When I mix it with video and/or camera the FillBuffer method (where the sample is updated with the surface contents) is executed 5 times per second as expected. But if I added an image to my graph using the "Generate Still Video" filter, when the avi stream ends my filter doesn''t update correctly anymore. The sample updates not 5 times per second, but 1 time every 7 seconds more or less. Why this change? I''m a bit lost. Is this a problem with my filter? A problem with VMR9? Any hints would be very very appreciated Here a screenshot showing the three different streams rendering correctly to three different VMR renderes, and under these the problems rendering the three streams to the same VMR9 renderer: http://www.iespana.es/paran0ia/images/VMR9Problems.jpg HEEEELP!!! Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!