• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chupacabra

3DS-loader with keyframe

This topic is 5289 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am looking for a loader that can take .3DS files with keyframes. Been searching around the web and I can''t seem to find any. Please don''t reply by saying something like "3DS file format suck, use .MS3D or .MD3". The only 3D-modelling program I know a little about is 3D-studio so I''ll go with that. Haven''t been able to find any free plugins to export to .MD3 or .MD2. Looked into writing my own loader but it will take too much time to do. So I''m basically asking for a lib to load 3DS files with keyframes.

Advertisement

support.discreet.com, register there (free registration) and download something called "3D studio file toolkit"; i''m pretty sure you will come along with the included information, because it''s the .3DS-file-SDK

DJSnow
---
this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature

use lib3ds:
http://lib3ds.sourceforge.net/
it supports everything you want.

Thanks, that''s exactly what I''m looking for, although I''m having a hard time figuring out how to install the lib. I''m normally a unix/linux programmer and just got started with .NET so if someone could guide me through how to install lib3ds and how to use it I would be eternally grateful.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!