3DS-loader with keyframe

Started by
3 comments, last by Chupacabra 19 years, 11 months ago
Hi, I am looking for a loader that can take .3DS files with keyframes. Been searching around the web and I can''t seem to find any. Please don''t reply by saying something like "3DS file format suck, use .MS3D or .MD3". The only 3D-modelling program I know a little about is 3D-studio so I''ll go with that. Haven''t been able to find any free plugins to export to .MD3 or .MD2. Looked into writing my own loader but it will take too much time to do. So I''m basically asking for a lib to load 3DS files with keyframes.
Advertisement
no

support.discreet.com, register there (free registration) and download something called "3D studio file toolkit"; i''m pretty sure you will come along with the included information, because it''s the .3DS-file-SDK

DJSnow
---
this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature
DJSnow---this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature
use lib3ds:
http://lib3ds.sourceforge.net/
it supports everything you want.
Thanks, that''s exactly what I''m looking for, although I''m having a hard time figuring out how to install the lib. I''m normally a unix/linux programmer and just got started with .NET so if someone could guide me through how to install lib3ds and how to use it I would be eternally grateful.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement