Need file for NeHe_SDK

Started by
1 comment, last by toddhd 19 years, 11 months ago
I just recently downloaded the Nehe_SDK and started trying to code my own stuff with it. When I opened the MSVC folder and recompiled the project however, it bombed. It is missing the HeightMap.cpp file (and I assume the HeightMap.h and HeightMap.obj files as well). Does anyone have these, or know how to get them? I tried writing to NeHe, but haven''t gotten a response as of yet - I''m hoping maybe somebody downloaded these at a different point in time when they might have existed in the zip file. I also downloaded Lesson 34 in hopes of it having the files I needed, but no go. Thanks for any help you can offer -Todd
-Todd"Windows dectected that your mouse has moved. Please reboot for the changes to take effect"
Advertisement
Unfortunately the heightmap file wasn''t working well enough to include in the SDK, and I thought I''d taken it out of the last version. Sorry. Just delete the reference to it in the project, and it should be fine. When I finish version 2, there should be a working heightmap implementation. If you (or anyone else) has problems with the SDK, mail me at the address in my profile, or the address in the readme of the SDK.

Thanks.
Thanks,

I finally figured that out shortly before you wrote (to remove the file reference from the project) but I''m glad you confirmed that it simply doesn''t exist.

The SDK is very cool, but I''m still finding it difficult to implelment. I wasn''t quite sure how to go about using it in a new project for example. Also, many, many things are different (as compared to the tutorials).

Do you plan to write any more documentation on this? The examples are helpful to some degree, but sometimes all the fancy tricks (making the text spin around change colors as opposed to simply printing text somewhere for example) can make it hard to decipher the basic functions.

Thanks again
-Todd"Windows dectected that your mouse has moved. Please reboot for the changes to take effect"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement