dreams

Started by
12 comments, last by Chokki 19 years, 10 months ago
It''s my theory that, everything the healthy human brain sees, it remembers. There are exceptions, of course. I think that if you were to see half a face in a crowd, you would remember it, even if it''s subconscously (sp?). Now, if you were to have a dream and the face popped up, you''re imagination would take over and try to complete the face in a way that is fitting. For instance, if you were having a nightmare, that person''s face may be completely with half a corpses face, a la Hela from Norse mythology.

The odd thing about dreams are that, dreams and reality are somewhat intertwined. If you die in real life, you obviously can''t dream. If you die in you dream, there''s a possibility you can die in real life. That could be an interesting twist to any dream-based game.

I''ve been thinking of a concept for a game or story recently. The main idea is, when people are struck by lightning, it alters their brain waves. These altered brain waves connect everyone on earth''s mind. The result of these people being connected is Fulgora (named after a Roman lightning goddess, mind you), which is a Fantasia-like. Fulgora is built on the concepts in one''s mind and kind of averages out into a land that everyone affects equally. When ever lightning-strike victims sleep, they access this world in there dreams and live this sort of double-life in Fulgora. Honestly, I don''t know where to go with this. I kinda hit a road-block after I got there. There''s no much that can be done with it, I''d say. I mean, what''s the worst you can do in a dream world, besides kill a few people? You can do that in real life. My personal opinion: Come up with a new, better concept.

Orion

"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own."
-BRUCE LEE
Advertisement
quote:Original post by orionx103
My personal opinion: Come up with a new, better concept.

Orion

i couldn''t agree more. if you check my other thread, i abandoned this idea. so this thread is kinda closed. or something.

yeah, dreams are an over-used medium as it is. ok then.
Quote:Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
AHHHHHHHHH I feel so left out...

Well, I have no broad memory only a narrow memory (I can only remember things that I intend to), so I''ve had no dreams (that I can remember) for like a year or so...
But no discussion of this subject could be called complete without a refrence to "Call of the Cthulu" By: HP Lovecraft, which can be found in your local bookstore in "The Best of HP Lovecraft"

Reading this will make you think more about your nightmares, and if you dont have them, YOU WILL!
---------------------------"Do or Do not, There is no try." -Yoda

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement