Morning's Wrath, Campaign Screen Shots: updated 6/9/04

Started by
23 comments, last by EDI 19 years, 10 months ago
Hello all, Some of you out there, who have been following the Morning's Wrath project, may have thought we had fallen off the face of the earth due to no screen shots lately =D. Actualy we have all been hard at work, our four person development team has been doing an excellent job on this project and the first set of real poduction screen shots are now availible to the public. Your constructive feedback is welcome and appreciated. So for your viewing pleasure here are the screen shots=) Raymond Jacobs, www.EDIGames.com www.EtherealDarkness.com
[edited by - EDI on May 24, 2004 9:53:18 PM] [edited by - EDI on May 25, 2004 7:32:47 AM] [edited by - EDI on June 9, 2004 9:27:24 AM]

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Advertisement
Looks pretty swanky... the walls look like they''ve got some unevenness in lighting, but that could be the texture rather than the lighting. At any rate, nice. When''s the demo?
Impressive work, keep it up
I''ve worked with Raymond for about two months now on this project, and it''s been great. The game is really coming together, after 2 years of engine programming. At this stage we''ve completed the core engine and game code, with only minor additions to the codebase now.

My job is to script the action of the campaign. Morning''s Wrath has a C-style scripting language that allows for alot of flexibility. Raymond has even made it possible to test script functions within the game through a builtin debug console. The technology for the game is definitely there, and now it''s time to make sure we use those resources as best we can.

The campaign is coming along smoothly. We already have several design documents, detailing the plot, NPCs, and items to be seen throughout. The first map has been completed, giving us a feel for how the rest of the production phase will proceed. This is perhaps the most exciting part of production, with very tangible results.

We''ll try to keep everyone updated on our progress, and report on major milestones. Look for more screenshots and info in the future.

Zach Todd,

www.etherealdarkness.com

Yo, I have been on it about 5-6 months i would say. Raymond puts in lots of time on this game, as do we all try to. I hope people will enjoy playing it as much as we''ve enjoyed making it. I cant for sure say when a demo will be out but I will say it shouldnt be long now. I guess thats about all I have to say. Good day.

Billy Zimmerman,

www.EDIGames.com
www.EtherealDarkness.com

Looks great!
!!!
That''s preety immpressive!
While it''s not part of the game,

I thought it might be cool to show you all our first company server, it has 400gb of storage and acts as our source code repository and general file server, we use SubVersion to manage code revisions, the box runs Redhat Linux 9.0

I bought the PC from computer-show.com added in the special hardware and then sanded,primed and painted the case=)

all we need to do now is get some EDI logo decals printed up ;-)

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

Ray,

I checked out some screenshots, and noticed the girl in the screenshots keeps changing into drastically different costumes. Cool!

Then I saw a thread where you mentioned she is one of 30 characters/creature types, and they all wear lots of costumes. A lot of work with sprites... sounds like a pain in the butt, but it sure is impressive.

Of course, I''m just getting started. I''m sure I''ll find that what I''m doing will be a pain in the butt too.

Do you ever go to those Post Mortem meetings around Boston? It''s quite a hike from where you are... though I have seen some Northampton guys there. I think Cyberlore is based there anyway. There might be one other... can''t remember the name.

Well, if you ever plan on going to one, let me know. They have a meeting the 2nd Tue/Wed every month (unless that week overlaps the GDC or E3).
Here''s their site: http://www.bostonpostmortem.org/

I haven''t been there in a while, but have made some good contacts there... including the guy who made the game engine I''ll be using. Not that you''re looking for contacts, but maybe if you wanted advice on techniques or publishing or whatever...?

Oh yeah... and if you do go, I highly recommend driving to the Alewife station and taking the T. They usually meet at Christopher''s Pub -- close to a T stop, nowhere near any decent parking.

- John
hehe, funny, I work right above Cyberlore, all my co-workers say I should get a job there, but i'm more interested in doing my own thing=)

Yeah, I haven't gotten in touch with any local game development happenings, as it is my team *including myself* spans these sates

Massachusetts
Texas
New Hampshire
North Carolina

Also, while this might sound close minded, I find people do far too much talking and not nearly enough action, in all aspects of buisiness=)

when it comes to publishing though we have a loose plan which I'm sure could use some work, I definetly would like to tap in a little more to the local scene, to maybe help us stand out a bit, with my current workload it will be tough to get away too, considering my full time job plus being the project leader, lead programer, artist and catch-all for the game, im working an easy 16 hour day=) but I would be interested in going to one just to see what It's all about.

You and your brother's endevors really interest me, you seem to have the artistic side of it down flat, from the site you did I felt the game could hold water without even having to see a screen shot, as long as everything else falls into place I can't imagine it not selling.

So while I would love for our whole team to attend a function, it would have to be somthing really large to warrent the travel=)

As for character costume changes, we developed a character compositing system that makes use of clothing/item overlays to build the final character, indeed a huge headache=)

Since it seems you guys are soon going to be diving into the depths of actualy putting the game to code, I would like to offer my group's services via Q&A on development methods, since thats where most of our experience is, having built our game engine from scratch, and perhaps in return you could help us when it comes time to drum up some help in selling our game, via contacts or whatever=)

So, feel free to contact me directly via, raymond at etherealdarkness dot com, with questions or information.

In closing I guess I would like to see both of our efforts benefit from each other=)

Anyway, I hope to hear from you and again good luck with your project=)

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

[edited by - EDI on May 28, 2004 10:24:43 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement