How to learn OpenGL and DirectX

Started by
1 comment, last by frupert 19 years, 11 months ago
Hi I am trying to learn OpenGL and DirectX and I was wondering where you people learnt from. I have got redbook.pdf but other than that I cannot find any Directx or OpenGL beginning all the way to advanced tutorials. fRuPeRt
fRuPeRt
Advertisement
OpenGL: NeHe''s Site. A good companion to the Red Book.

DirectX: Don''t know much DirectX, most of what I''ve learned for DirectGraphics has been from the SDK docs. Ultimate Game Programming has a series of progressive tutorials in the form of source code examples you can read.

Give those a try.

-Auron
Like anything, the best way to learn is to keep practicing by typing in simple turorials, understand whats happening within the code, make modifications to try out new routines, then repeat the process on larger tutorials. After a while the easier stuff becomes second nature so you concentrate on writting more complex systems. I personally learnt Opengl from the two Beginning OGL game programming books out in the shops, and then hacking up code from other peoples websites. It''s a slow process to learn, but unless you go to university and study graphics programming there, this is the only real alternative solution to understanding a graphics API.
----------------------------------------------------
Check out my casual TBS game blog
----------------------------------------------------

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement