Pogo stick physics

Started by
30 comments, last by DuncanBojangles 19 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, this turned out to be more difficult than I thought and planned for. But, I started it, so I have to finish it. Thanks for all the help. I don''t expect you guys to write this for me, but you know much more than I do about physics (apparently), so each time you post you bring up something I''ve never even thought of. First, I''ll just get the collision response right, so that the guy can fall and bounce continuously. Then, once that is working, I''ll work in the guy''s movements and dampening forces. I''ll let the player control the guy using an intended direction, ''cause it''ll be hard to control full motion of a pogo stick using only a keyboard! Again, thanks a bunch.

"Donkey, if it were me, you''d be dead."
I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute.
"Donkey, if it were me, you'd be dead."I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute.
Advertisement
haha, chilllll duncan... you took that joke harder than I meant it

cool, sounds like you are making progress... just keep in mind that a LOT of things have to go right for you even to see the guy on the screen, & some MORE things have to go right for him to have the right behavior in his virtual world. Good luck, don''t get discouraged, celebrate when you get certain things right... sounds like you got a GREAT start on this.

Whatsoever you do, do it heartily as to the Lord, and not unto men.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement