Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vNistelrooy

Strange, glUseProgramObjectARB is crashing.

vNistelrooy    140
I''m compiling and linking (no errors at all) the following shaders: Fragment shader:
void main(void)
{
   gl_FragColor=vec4(1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0);
}
Vertex shader:
void main(void)
{
   gl_Position=ftransform();
}
I really hope that you won''t have any trouble understanding those complex shaders . Anyway glUseProgramObjectARB crashes the application with an exception in atioglxx.dll. I have the latest 4.5 drivers. What could I be doing wrong? I''m 100% sure that loading and compiling and linking functions are OK (well I check every compile and linking operation with glGetObjectParameterivARB and get GL_TRUE). The info log confirms the successful linking and tells me that everything will run in hardware. Any help?
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

vNistelrooy    140
Thats strange, leaving main()''s body empty in the vertex and pixel shaders doesn''t generate any warning or error, but writing some random shit does generate an error. Strange.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

vNistelrooy    140
quote:
Original post by rick_appleton
Could you post your programsource somewhere? I''d be willing to test it for you.

In my engine I can do that and it works. ATI Radeon 9600. Driver version 4.4

Thanks for the offer. I spend the last 2 hours creating a new application with my GLSL class to send to you (I doubt you would be willing to download a 50+MB application), but (un)fortunately
it works with the new program. Something is buggy with my main program, oh well, thanks anyway.

vNistelrooy    140
Anybody who uses GLSL and has the 4.5 drivers, do you have GL_TEXTURE_2D enabled while loading,compiling and linking shaders?

rick_appleton    864
Glad to hear that it does work now (albeit in the limited program).

I gave it a quick test, and disabling, or enabling GL_TEXTURE_2D has no effect. This is with the 4.4 drivers.

vNistelrooy    140
quote:
Glad to hear that it does work now (albeit in the limited program).

I gave it a quick test, and disabling, or enabling GL_TEXTURE_2D has no effect. This is with the 4.4 drivers.

Thanks.
It doesn''t have any effect? Strange, because when I do enable it before compiling it crashes at glUseProgramObjectARB. How can enabling 2D textures effect the linking or/and compiling?! Maybe some late night debuging will help.. >_<

vNistelrooy    140
quote:
This happens in both your large program, and the small testbed? If so, it might be a driver problem?

Didn''t test it in the test program. Maybe tomorrow.