Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ataru

MFC DirectX framework keyboard blues

I got this post moved to the wrong forum, (probably due to my bad explanation of the the problem) so here it goes again. If you make a standard DX9 app, using the Microsoft framework, and action mapping, assigning keys to a,s,d,w works fine. If you use the microsoft framework, but make it MFC based with action mapping, using a,s,d,w will cause your system to chime, or beep. This is of course very annoying. Anyone know how to fix it, or at least turn the volume off (I don''t need music for my app.) Some machines use the standard "bing" wave file, but others use the PC speaker. Anyone encountered this problem?

I moved the old post because I don''t think this is an issue specific to DirectX.

I suspect the reason why you''re seeing this behavior is going to be something like your DirectX window doesn''t have the focus - or maybe, it *does* have the focus, but it''s passing the messages back up the window hierarchy. Simply turning off the beep would be addressing the symptom rather than the problem.