Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pike65

Problems emulating the texture matrix stack

Pike65    122
Hey there. I''m using projective texturing to render a reflective water surface. Up until now I have just been throwing my transformations onto the texture matrix stack, sending it my texCoords and getting the desired result. Now I need to do all of this manually for reasons that are too boring to go into. So I generate my transformation matrix, transform my coordinates and send those to GL - but it doesn''t work. The scaling is wrong, and the result looks slightly skewed too. However, I know for a fact that my matrix is fine as I can generate it myself and then give that to GL send it my coords as usual and it works fine, but as soon as I try to do the final matrix * coord opereation myself, it all goes pear shaped. I''ve had a look in the spec, but I can''t find anything. I was wondering if GL performs any kind of normalisation of the texture matrix? Does it do anything else strange with the transformation? Hmph - I''m not sure that made much sense. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.