• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mladen Nikolic

n-bodies collision

This topic is 5143 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My problem does not correspond to well known n-bodies problem, but those are some n bodies. I have n circles represented with radius, velocity and position each. They are moving in different directions, through same area. I want to find minimal (optimal) change of velocities and directions, so that there is no collision during a given time interval. Has anyone seen something like this solved? What technique is fast enough (I have some ideas, but not fast)? Can non-linear programming be used. I wanted to minimize f(da,dv)=sum_by_i(da_i^2+dv_i^2) where da=(da_1,...,da_n) is change of angles, and similar for dv, under conditions dist(X_i(a_i+da_i,v_i+dv_i,t),X_j(a_j+da_j,v_j+dv_j,t))>=r_i+r_j for all t in given interval where a_i are current angles of directions, and v_i are current velocities. Problem is in free parameter t in dist(...), because this is not in specification of the NLP problem. If i took it as an variable i would get solution -da_min,dv_min,t_0, but I want X_i and X_j on given distance all the time not just t_0- X_i and X_j are positions of centers depending on curent angle, velocity, and time (and ofcourse starting position). If i have not been quite clear, but you are interested to help I could try to simplify. Thanks, Mladen

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!