Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cwestbrook20

3D Entertainment Studios ~~A MMORPG IN CREATION~~

Company: 3D Entertainment Studios Platform: Windows (Planning for Cross Platform) Game Engine: ASHLING Server: Unix, and testing on Windows 2K Programming: C++, OpenGL PLEASE SERIOUS PEOPLE TO APPLY ONLY... NO GAMES (OTHER THEN THE ONE WE ARE CREATING) Ok, Everyone... *Looks Around* Well I guess it's quite empty. After about a 6 month break from this game, its time to bring life back to our project. Over the next few weeks I will be recruiting people for a MMORPG Game that has already been started on and has a very *Strong* base to carry on from. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED VIST HTTP://www.Tri-Des.net SIGN UP ON THE PUBLIC FORUM I don't want to give to much away here on a public site like this, but here are some tech Details, -------Detailed Information------- I am the Progam Manager and the Lead Graphics Programmer. There is actually part of the Game Engine Developed as well as some story line. There are TONS of ideas on the boards. I AM LOOKING FOR: ~~In General~~ People who are willing to give ideas. Anyone Interested. ~~The Development Team~~ Requirements: Be able to post at least 2-3 times a week Be able to make it to at least 1 Monthly Meeting (Chat Room or in person) Fill the requirements for the position applying for *Disclaimer: This project is going to be a free month-month, with the option for people to pay month-month for advanced features. If this game does begin to make money most of the money will be going back into the game for expanding servers, Pizza Fund, ect. This will be all avaiable to the Dev team for viewing(Where incomming Money is going). If/When there is profit we will offer contracts for people who have helped with the game offering them a fair part in the spoils. Though remember we are not developing this game for money. We are doing this for fun and to have a game that we deveopled from scratch. We will respect everyone's Ideas and offer what compensation we have. I feel that eveyone that contruibtes to the game will get a free copy of the game plus free game play no matter what. In addition, people on the development team could be contracted for futher games or projects. Don't get discouraged, none of us are gready and we hope that you are doing this because you have a passion for gaming. ~Project Director~ (Chris Westbrook) Directs the whole project. Follows each module as it develops and is worked on. Sets up things like milestones and timelines. Not really desciding things because everything is done on the vote system. Game Creator (Chris, Jon, Andrew) Orignal Creaters of the game. They are the overseers of the whole project. Not that there word is law. Everything here in our Island of Game Design is by vote. (Though some power still lies with us, but none of us are power hungry.) Game Engine Designer (Chris Westbrook) This person is creating the 3D Engine that is required for the type of game that we are making. The engine for our game is being build from scatch (with opengl). Network Programming Engineer (**OPEN**) Sets up the communication of client and the server. Also will create all the functions that are needed to run the world. (Example, Battle Caculation, spawing system, and storing character data) Game Design (**OPEN**) This person is in charge of developing everything from what races and classes that are in the game. This will carry over to developing Inventory, Monster, Item, Quests, ect. This is one of the biggest role. I feel that this postion will grow to be much more of a managment position. Leaving it open to hire more then one person to play with the world and features inside of it. Storyline Designer (**OPEN**) This person is writing the book about our game. From its creation to its death. If something is in the game, he knows why its there, whos it calls mother and why he only has one hand. Many teams will work with him to make sure that the ideas they want to create will fit into this world. Art Desinger (**OPEN**) Again this will become more of a management position later. For now this is the person that creates/gets the concept art and follows it to 3D and into the game, making sure that the look of the game is acceptable from an art prespective. He will aslo work closly with the game designer, allowing a clear picture of the world to be created. Sound Director (**OPEN**) This person will handle all sound effects, music, and voice overs. This should be fit into the game, leagal for us to use and have the quality that we are looking for. Web Manager (**OPEN**) This person will be in charge of maintaining the forum, public website(once it is up), He Will also make sure the control of information, work closely with the Public Relations person, for advertizment. IF I have missed anything let me Know, I am open to creating position for things we need. As always there will be much work and most people will need to help with more then one topic Just go to HTTP://www.Tri-Des.net [edited by - cwestbrook20 on May 25, 2004 12:55:53 AM]

I could post if I wanted to embarass myself, It's diffently in development. We are able to load Complex Models (3dsm) and Soon, in game chat between clients through the server.

It is a basic Engine at the moment, Same with the Client and the server code. I am the only programmer at the moment, plus I am restarting the whole project. It is going to go some where, its just up to who wants to jump on the train...lol

[edited by - cwestbrook20 on May 26, 2004 2:06:13 AM]