• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AK47

Please explain

This topic is 5113 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Because it makes you appear like an idiot, that doesn''t know in which forum the post belongs. But worse, someone can think it''s an unanswered question, even if it''s been answered in another forum, and therfore waste much valuable time replying. Additionally posting in just one forum(of courese the right one) makes it much easier for you to follow the discussion and/or answers to your question.

The people that are able to answer your question visits the forum if you post in the right one. And you won''t get an answer any faster if you post in two or more forums. Because the very same person that answered in one forum, would most likely visit the other forum right after that. People that are not interested and wouldn''t visit the right forum, wouldn''t answer either, as they are not interested.

Please explain why you think it isn't. It clutters the forums with identical threads when one is enough. It segments replies and makes information hard to consolidate. It's annoying to reply to a thread, only to find an exact replica somewhere else and have to reply with a redirect to the original reply. It defeats the whole purpose of splitting the forums into specific boards, which are actually for the poster's benefit, since people who are more knowledge in an area usually visit the corresponding board more than others. It also reflects negatively on the original poster, who appears to not be familiar with message board etiquette and impatient to get replies. There's simply no reason to do it. As mentioned, it only irritates people, and ironically enough won't generate more replies than a single thread would because of that alone. And even with all my previous points aside, if it's irritating, that's reason enough.

[edited by - Zipster on May 26, 2004 2:06:22 AM]

I don''t mind appearing like a idiot as you said.

I posted an ad. So people would not answer to an ad.
My ad was deleted thanks to my serious offense.

Cross posting ads will increase exposure.

By the way, I am checking forum rules, I might bring this matter up to higher levels.

Ads don't belong here in the first place.

The only thing you can "advertise" is things that you made yourself. And the only place to do it is in the "Your Announcements" forum.

From the forum faq
quote:

Do not spam. It will be deleted as soon as a Staff member or Moderator sees it.

and

quote:

Topics that you post should be relevant to the forum in which you are posting. This includes posting non-game development related topics in the GDNet Lounge.

[edited by - fredizzimo on May 26, 2004 2:09:07 AM]

From what I see, you (AK47) have a pretty bad history of cross-posting. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish? Have you ever used a message board before? It''s irritating and unnecessary. And if you irritate enough people, you get banned.

quote:
Original post by Zipster
From what I see, you (AK47) have a pretty bad history of cross-posting. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish? Have you ever used a message board before? It''s irritating and unnecessary. And if you irritate enough people, you get banned.

And most of them in the wrong forum too...

Maybe you should read this too

"1) Don''t flame people because of their lack of knowledge. Remember, we all had to start somewhere."

quote:
Original post by AK47
Maybe you should read this too

"1) Don't flame people because of their lack of knowledge. Remember, we all had to start somewhere."

Show me where Zipster or I have flamed someone because of their lack of knowledge.

[edited by - fredizzimo on May 26, 2004 2:19:10 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!