Please explain

Started by
23 comments, last by AK47 19 years, 10 months ago
quote:Original post by AK47
"And that''s why I said it''s ok in "Help Wanted" too" Yes, and ....

"However the way you put the post it looks more like an announcement" -That''s still your personal interpretation .

No comment needed, because there''s no point

quote:
"No, it isn''t moderated that strictly, that''s why your post wasn''t deleted or moved. However to make the forums more pleasant for other users" - That''s STILL your personal interpretation.

That''s not my personal interpretation. The forum rules were not taken from the air, each of them have a reason. There are some rules that I don''t neccessarilly fully agree with, and even have spoke out loudly against, but posting the right things in the right forum, is not one of them. And I am still trying to follow those rules, you should follow the rules too.

I''m pretty sure the majority of the users here don''t want to see post announcing games cluttering the message boards, when they except to read technical posts. If everyone announced their games in every forum, this whole place would be a mess. Fortunately the majority follows the recommendations.

Advertisement
"because there''s no point"- Yeah, no explaination needed for some people''s sleazy writing.

"If everyone announced their games in every forum" I principally ask people to test my game in TWO DIFFERENT website''s forums attached together. Please don''t write stuff out of the air.

Useless explaining here. Need to sleep.
I wasn''t being sarcastic, and I''m sorry if you misinterpreted it that way. But that''s besides the point. This is what we''re trying to say, straight and simple - only post once. If it''s in the wrong forum, then either delete the first post and re-post in the correct forum, or wait for a moderator to move it, but don''t cross-post. No one likes it. And it isn''t just GameDev. This a common rule and proper etiquette in most message boards you''ll visit. This has nothing to do with opinion or interpretation. If you post in the wrong forum, it will be moved with no questions asked, and no one will think twice about it (or you could delete and re-post, no one will know). But there''s nothing interpretive about two (or multiple) identical posts. I personally don''t care if you post in the wrong forum. I obviously don''t speak for the majority when I say that, but it doesn''t bother me. I''ll help the best I can. What bothers me is cross-posting.

I''m not trying to be rude, I''m just being as frank as possible.
"I wasn''t being sarcastic" -Well, me too.

"This is what we''re trying to say, straight and simple - only post once" -See my apology and explaination.

"But that''s besides the point" -You have made ur point clear, why keep posting?

"I''m not trying to be rude, I''m just being as frank as possible." - Well gee me too.

I think this thread should be closed. Frankly, it''s getting nowhere and starting to fill up with AK-47''s rebellious "I won''t accept the rules, I know better" posts (no offense, AK-47; I don''t mean to insult you or belittle you).

Thread closed?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement