Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Subtil

Creating Global hotkeys in c++ using dialogs???

Subtil    122
Hey, I''m using a dialog based app (using resources of course) coding with just the win32 api (no mfc BS). I''ve been trying for a while to figure out how to figure out how to make my programs detect a keypress, I''m quite sure I can do it if I didn''t use dialog resources, but that''s not really the point. There has to be a relatiely easy way to code OS global hotkeys and use dialog resources at the same time. I''ve been playing with accelerators but I''m not quite sure if I''m doing that right or if I''m supposed to be using them this way or not. basically my main loop is calling the dialogbox function (not sure if that helps anyone but..). Any help will be greatly appreciated..

ChaosEngine    5185
glad you're not using that "mfc BS". Keep up the good win32 work. And while you're writing reams of excellent win32 code other stupid people have just used MFC and not had the fun of trying to figure out how to do something as challenging as accelerators. These silly people will actually have just got on with fixing their problem. poor fools

[edited by - ChaosEngine on May 26, 2004 3:18:13 AM]

Subtil    122
quote:
Original post by Endurion
RegisterHotKey

blah i was looking at that the other day... argh lol thx it works fine now.

Chaos was that sarcasm or were you serious?

thx again Endurion