• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread

Streaming Video via P tot P Network?

This topic is 5138 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, what do I want? I want to make two programs A and B. A is the program at home and B is in the outside world. B has a USB webcam and capturing video from the room. Now program B must send the video source via TCP/IP to program A. How can I do this? I have made a program B in DirectShow to capture video and Bitmaps. Now I want to send this data to A. I don’t now how I make a streaming video. There are many live webcam sources for IE and more. But I want also drive some hardware and the other side that works fine with Winsock sockets. But how can I get the video source>>>? Regards henk,

Advertisement
dear Kuphryn,
I try to explane. I want to send my webcam capturing source from program A to program B ussing Winsock.
Like streaming videochat. I want to see the player on the other game computer. If this is not possible, i want to send a Bitmap source buffer over the Winsock sockket. How can I send large data pakkets over the LAN network ussing Winscock or DirectPlay.
I am looking for source VC++ fot building a video game with videochat function. Regards henk,

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!