light speed engine

Started by
28 comments, last by dimension_x_son 19 years, 10 months ago
what is the speed when an object can accerlerate at 100% i know its based on the wieght, and its not light speed, because im multiplying my position by a percentage of the accerleration, and if it were lightspeed, itd take forever to accerate, and depending on the answer i think i can figure out if sound is wieghtless or not [edited by - dimension_x_son on June 3, 2004 11:02:17 AM]
Advertisement
I''d like to nominate the above for the "most confused post of the month" award.
what do you call 100% ?
multiplying my *position* by a percentage of the accerleration? uh?
i can figure out if sound is wieghtless or not. -> to calculate the sound speed you must use conservation of momentum, energy and mass. And its theorical speed. A sound who comes from a source with high energy will move faster than the low ones.
WTF?!

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
can you just answer?

when the "thing" can accelerate at 100 percent of its velocity vector

without drag from its wieght,
just going strait

if "sound" the element, the sound of things, is faster then this point, then its weightless, and theres a vacuum accererating it
//////////////light speed engine/////////////
then if you could build a second stage to, the engine that reaches the point of zero drag interference with acceration, a second stage that could accelerate at 0 drag up to light speed, mabey thats time travel speed, or youd eventually hit a star

i think,
can i just this out
plese?

[edited by - dimension_x_son on May 26, 2004 9:35:46 AM]
lol
Presumably the OP wants to know when energy put into a system will have the maximum effect in terms of providing the greatest acceleration.
ok me though this is my question go get your own post
1°/ The velocity vector of an object is the current velocity of that object. Which means an object is, by definition, always at 100% of its velocity vector.

2°/ m * a = F, where m is the mass and a the acceleration, and F the sum of all forces.

3°/ This means you can always accelerate more : there''s no 100% acceleration. All you need to do is increase the force, and you also increase acceleration.

4°/ a = dv/dt (acceleration is the derivative of velocity)
(and also, v = dx/dt, velocity is the derivative of position).

5°/ If you consider that acceleration is constant, then v = a * t, where t is the time which has elapsed. In such a case (assuming newtonian physics), the speed will keep increasing and there is no max velocity. And if you increase the value of acceleration, then the time needed to reach a certain velocity decreases.

6°/ "Sound" is a movement, not an object. When something emits a sound, no mass is created at all. It only sets matter into motion. It works the same as when you strike the surface of a pool with a stick : waves form at the point of impact. The waves have no weigth of their own, their mass is the mass of the water they''re made of. So the mass of sound is either 0, or the mass of the volume of matter through which the sound propagates (depending on the definition you choose).

Victor Nicollet, INT13 game programmer

ok heh
mr thanks
no accelerate at 100 percent of the force?

a minute later............
ok

i think

inverse the time

[edited by - dimension_x_son on May 26, 2004 10:00:27 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement