Any nice free c++ compilers/editor ?

Started by
8 comments, last by johnnyBravo 19 years, 10 months ago
Hi, I''m wondering if anyone knows of any free nice c++ compilers, eg with good intellesense type things, helper things while coding, also id be doin alot of directx with it, if that means any thing. or if you know of any decently priced compiler/editor thanks,
Advertisement
Microsofts compiler is now free - though the IDE is not, I don''t have the link handy but if you look through the April / May news archives on gamedev.net

This page will be useful for tools and stuff

http://www.gametutorials.com/links.htm

including

http://www.bloodshed.net/

which I hear quite a few people use.
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
The usual Dev-C++ IDE
Also Digital Mars compiler is pretty good, comes with MicroEmacs which, if you know how to use it, can be a very helpful development environment.

Finally, interesting site describing how to get Microsoft''s compilers, SDK, STLPort etc. working with the (free) eVC (MS embedded visual tools). As the site points out Microsoft have now released their optimising compiler for free so you should be well set up with all that.
i just installed the bloodshed one, does it have any intellisense that u can setup?

doesnt seem to have any
here

[edited by - quorn on May 26, 2004 10:10:16 AM]
quote:Original post by johnnyBravo
i just installed the bloodshed one, does it have any intellisense that u can setup?

doesnt seem to have any

Well, no matter what IDE you have, you still gotta know how to code...

- ACD

// Brought to you by Code_Dark
| DShaw Encryption | Righting a wrong- my contribution to the world.
quote:Original post by Code_Dark

doesnt seem to have any

- ACD

// Brought to you by Code_Dark
| DShaw Encryption | Righting a wrong- my contribution to the world.

rofl
Eclipse has an excellent C++ add-on that works with the MingW32 distribution of gcc.

MSVC++ Standard is very reasonably-priced though.
[teamonkey] [blog] [tinyminions]
quote:Original post by Code_Dark

doesnt seem to have any

lies
.,,im a lazy programmer

anyway ive gone to tools, editor options, class browsing(class browsing/completion) done all that and still it doesnt do any auto completion, intellisense for me

what else do i have to do?

oh:

also how to i add .lib files to my project?

thanksm

[edited by - johnnyBravo on May 27, 2004 5:52:48 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement