Do I need anything other than "The Red Book" ?

Started by
23 comments, last by wyrd 19 years, 10 months ago
Or you can read the online version first.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Raduprv
Well, if you have money, I''d also pick a book about 3D stuff (like making a software renderer, 3D algorithms and the math behind them, etc.)

*butts in*

- Any recommendations on such a book?

Thanks.

>>- Any recommendations on such a book?

there is the ultimate bible in graphics programming out there: Computer graphics - principles and practices in C.
from fooley et. al.

2nd edition is current one, i think; but i have heard rumors there may be a 3rd edition.

DJSnow
---
this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature
DJSnow---this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature
On the math end I like "Mathematics For 3D Game Programming And Computer Graphics" published by Charles River Media
quote:Original post by DJSnow

>>- Any recommendations on such a book?

there is the ultimate bible in graphics programming out there: Computer graphics - principles and practices in C.
from fooley et. al.

I'll second this. This book is a very complete guide to graphics generally, and is probably the best textbook I ever bought. It covers pretty much all the math you should need for 3D (although it assumes some understanding of matrices and vectors). I won't bother trying to summarise it here. It's too big, suffice to say it covers most things.

[edited by - benjamin bunny on May 30, 2004 2:46:41 AM]

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement