Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emileej

Disabling window resize

Guest Anonymous Poster
This might not be the best solution, but you could always resize window to it''s original size when ever it''s size is changed.

Guest Anonymous Poster
When you are creating your window with CreateWindow() don''t include WS_THICKFRAME or WS_SIZEBOX for the window style. If you are using WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW as the style, then it is including WS_THICKFRAME. Instead, use ( WS_OVERLAPPED | WS_SYSMENU | WS_CAPTION ) for your window style.

Hope that solves the problem.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Really, you should look in hte help for this kind of information. Because I am so kind i have found a topic that might be of help to you.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/WinUI/WindowsUserInterface/Windowing/Windows/WindowReference/WindowStyles.asp

Guest Anonymous Poster
WS_EX_APPWINDOW and WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES are for the extended window style parameter. Put ( WS_OVERLAPPED | WS_SYSMENU | WS_CAPTION ) in for the dwStyle parameter of CreateWindowEX()

I know fyhuang, but thanks for pointing it out, and AP I have already been there and did not find what I sought - thous I turned to this forum to reach people who had attempted the same thing.