• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Star

Applications with hidden windows

This topic is 5138 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all I was just wondering how I would go about making one of those Windows applications which seem to run in the background with no Visible window. What kinda coding do I need to put or remove from WinMain? Also I want to know how to create an ''invisible'' program that will have an icon in the system try that presents a menu when clicked? Lastly, Can the above be done in Java? If so how? Is it easier or harder? Thanks for any help DarkStar UK ------------------------------- Loves cross-posting because it works

Advertisement
1) In WinMain, simply don''t register a class or create a window. If you don''t create a window, then nothing can get displayed. If you want to still receive messages and everything, though, I suppose you can create a class/window like normal, but simply don''t show the window with any function, such as ShowWindow() or SetWindowPos().

2) I personally don''t know. However, if I was curious, I''m pretty confident that I could find stuff with a minimal amount of Googling.

3) Definitely wouldn''t know that.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!